Banned Books Resources and Book Lists
Featuring banned and challenged children’s books and resources.
Books lists featuring banned and challenged children’s books and resources to support and educate anyone interested or involved in the fight against censorship.
CBC supports keeping bans off books!
Banned Books Week is September 18-24, 2022! Check out this info from ALA and this info from The Banned Books Week Coalition about how you can support the freedom to read.
- Infographics, Get Involved, Challenge Reporting — ALA: Banned & Challenged Books
- Toolkit — Unite Against Book Bans (UABB)
- Resources — The Banned Books Week Coalition
- Banned Books Resources Hub — Penguin Random House
- Researching Banned or Challenged Books: Resources for Challenge Research — ALA Resource Guides
- Resources for Banned Books Week and Beyond — We Need Diverse Books (WNDB)
- #FReadom Campaigns & Actions & #FReadom Resources — #FReadom
- CBC Partner Resources: #FReadom Coloring Pages — Children’s Book Council
- CBLDF Banned Books Week Handbook — Comic Book Legal Defense Fund (CBLDF)
- Authors Guild Banned Books Club — Fable
- MSNBC’s Ali Velshi Banned Book Club — Facebook Group
- Bans Off Our Books!: SDCCI Panel Blog Post — Children’s Book Council
Book Lists: Children’s, Middle Grade, and Young Adult
- Frequently Challenged Children’s Books & Frequently Challenged Young Adult Books — ALA: Banned & Challenged Books
- Banned Comics — Comic Book Legal Defense Fund (CBLDF)
- The Ultimate List of Banned Books — Scholastic
- Banned & Challenged Books Every Tween and Teen Should Read — Brightly
- Banned and Challenged Picture Books — Edmonton Public Library (EPL)
- 16 Banned Books to Read Before 12th Grade — We Are Teachers
- 28 Banned Books That Every Kid Needs to Read — Tiny Beans
- Banned or Challenged Books, Grades Pre-K–4 — TeacherVision
- NCAC, A Kids Co., Release New Kids Book About Banned Books — National Coalition Against Censorship (NCAC)
Discover all of our socially inclusive book lists and resources, updated regularly.
PUBLISHERS: if you wish to share your Banned Books or other socially inclusive books and resources, please email Sommer at email@example.com.