Strong Women & Real Change
Inspired by the life and work of Ruth Bader Ginsburg, a list of children’s books about courageous women in recent history who have been central to change and social justice.
A collection of children’s booklists about courageous women in recent history who have been central to change and social justice. Discover books about icons as well as unsung heroes like Pauli Murray and Frances Perkins.
- Strong Women Real Change – CBC booklist
- Courageous Women – CBC booklist
- 15 books about Badass Women in History – BookRiot
- Books to Celebrate the Life & Legacy of Ruth Bader Ginsburg – NYPL
- A Notorious Book List for Children in Honor of Ruth Bader Ginsburg – PBS
- Lesson of the Day: ‘Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Supreme Court’s Feminist Icon, Is Dead at 87’ – New York Times
- Women’s History and Women’s Lives: Children and Young Adults – Social justice Books
- 11 Books To Read After You Watch The New Film About Ruth Bader Ginsburg – Bustle
- CBC Showcase booklists like Women of Color Protagonists, Trailblazers, Champions of Change, and more!
- We want to highlight and thank the players of the WNBA who have committed their season to the cause of real and sustained change. They have a list of books about the league and its players.
- Book and educational resources about the Black Lives Matter movement and Anti-Racist resources for young readers of all ages.
- Fun and educational resources, activities, discussion guides, teacher guides and more for our time at home with children of all ages.
- Here is an article from BestColleges discussing important women in LGBTQIA+ history.
- And more socially inclusive booklists and resources will be coming throughout the year!
PUBLISHERS: if you wish to share your Strong Women & Real Change or other socially inclusive books and resources, please email Sommer at email@example.com.