Strong Women & Real Change
Books to Celebrate the Life & Legacy of Ruth Bader GinsburgInspired by the life and work of Ruth Bader Ginsburg, the CBC has gathered a list of children’s books about courageous women in recent history who have been central to change and social justice. We also found books about some unsung heroes like Pauli Murray and Frances Perkins. This list is gathered from new books submitted to the CBC for a social justice podcast episode and the CBC-Goddard Social Justice award, to be announced this October.
- Strong Women Real Change – CBC booklist
- Courageous Women – CBC booklist
- 15 books about Badass Women in History – BookRiot
- Books to Celebrate the Life & Legacy of Ruth Bader Ginsburg – NYPL
- A Notorious Book List for Children in Honor of Ruth Bader Ginsburg – PBS
- Lesson of the Day: ‘Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Supreme Court’s Feminist Icon, Is Dead at 87’ – New York Times
- Women’s History and Women’s Lives: Children and Young Adults – Social justice Books
- 11 Books To Read After You Watch The New Film About Ruth Bader Ginsburg – Bustle
- CBC Showcase booklists like Women of Color Protagonists, Trailblazers, Champions of Change, and more!
- And we want to highlight and thank the players of the WNBA who have committed their season to the cause of real and sustained change. They have a list of books about the league and its players.
- Book and educational resources about the Black Lives Matter movement and Anti-Racist resources for young readers of all ages.
- Fun and educational resources, activities, discussion guides, teacher guides and more for our time at home with children of all ages.
- And more socially inclusive booklists and resources will be coming throughout the year!
PUBLISHERS: if you wish to share your Strong Women & Real Change or other socially inclusive books and resources, please email email@example.com.