Interactive and In-Person
The CBC Graphic Novel Committee presents our fifth San Diego Comic-Con 2023 panel: Interactive and In-Person.
Hooray! Your school or library has booked a graphic novel creator for an in-person event. What might you expect? Lots of excitement to be sure, but these authors discuss just how important it is for them to connect with the kids on visits, whether it’s drawing with them or giving them some helpful advice. This panel shares ideas about what an educator, librarian, or bookseller can do to help make their interactive and in-person event the best it can be.
- Moni Barrette – President, Graphic Novel & Comics Round Table, American Library Association
- Mac Barnett (The First Cat in Space Ate Pizza) – HarperCollins / Katherine Tegen Books
- Jonathan Case (Little Monarchs) – Holiday House / Margaret Ferguson Books
- Nidhi Chanani (Shark Princess #2: Shark Party) – Penguin Young Readers / Viking Books for Young Readers
- Mark Fearing (Welcome to Feral (Frights from Feral #1)) – Holiday House
- Dan Santat (A First Time for Everything) – Scholastic / Graphix
We thank the San Diego Public Library for sending us the video footage so we can share these wonderful panels with all of you!
Coming Up: All Together Now! Find Your Voice!