Publisher Online Resources
Looking for fun and educational resources, activities, discussion guides, teacher guides and more to share with children of all ages?
From fiction to non-fiction, STEM books to graphic novels, book publishers have created a wealth of content to support educators, librarians, booksellers, parents, and caregivers. Compiled here are links to various publisher’s websites where you can find these free resources.
Check back often as we continue to update with new resources!
- Reading Group & Teaching Guides
- Request an ARC from ABRAMS!
- The Questioneers encourage kids to pursue their passions, even if obstacles stand in their way! Inspire a new generation of thinkers and dreamers in your classroom through these STEM-focused tools.
- Make Comics with Big Nate – Middle-grade readers everywhere love the shenanigans and wisecracks of the Big Nate series. Now they can create comics of their own, just like Nate!
- Create Your Own Cartoon Strip with Phoebe and Her Unicorn and Her Unicorn – Phoebe and Her Unicorn is all about finding friendship in the most unlikely places. Readers can create their own magical BFF with this easy-to-follow cartooning activity.
- How to Draw Phoebe and Friends (Full Guide) – Draw Phoebe, Marigold, and all their other pals from Phoebe and Her Unicorn with simple instructions from cartoonist Dana Simpson.
- Breaking Cat News: Paper Doll Puppet Guide – Let readers take center stage and put on their very own paper doll puppet show, featuring the most trusted feline reporters in television!
BIRDHOUSE Kids Media
Looking to add health lessons to your new role as a home educator? Use these engaging printable activities in a bundle available for free to learn Body Science vocabulary and to practice using it.
Boyds Mills & Kane
Fun and free activities, as well as videos of authors and illustrators talking about their books.
Bushel & Peck Books
- Nearly all Bushel & Peck children’s books available to read for free online.
Activities, discussion guides, educational materials, videos, and more for books and characters like Waldo, Judy Moody, and Timmy Failure.
Incorporating African history and stories into your child’s reading with these resources/activities including, read-alouds from Catalyst authors, activity sheets, coloring pages, and more.
Downloadable activity kits, educator guides, coloring pages, and more!
Activities for parents and teachers.
- Parent Zone – Program designed to stimulate and support all children through lively narrative, repetition of language and bright illustrations.
- Teacher Zone – Suitable for reading for pleasure and also support school learning objectives, including Health Education.
Publisher of authentic voices in multicultural children’s literature with bilingual children’s books and traditional folktales from various cultures. Teachers’ guides prepared with the help of outstanding educators for many of their titles.
City of Light
Educator guides, activity kits and discussion guides.
Fun content, activities, and videos to keep your children entertained and engaged!
All Creston books have curriculum guides and activity pages. Click on each title to find resources you can use. Start with these three …
Crimson Dragon Publishing
Activity packs for home or classroom use.
Del Alma Publications
Supplemental materials for educators from a publisher of quality and culturally relevant material for children, young adults, and educators of bilingual, bicultural, educational settings.
Looking for resources and tools to help your students and patrons while your schools and libraries are closed? Find a number of free digital resources available to use and share.
If you’re finding yourself working remotely, homeschooling with your kids, or teaching your students online rather than in the classroom, DK is here for you.
- Stay Home Hub – The best educational resources at your fingertips.
- DK Findout! – A resource that educators and librarians have enjoyed using over the years, that parents may also find useful at this time.
All educators registered on Epic (free) can provide their students remote access for free through the end of the school year. This will provide students with anywhere, anytime access to the full Epic library on all devices and allow teachers to stay connected by assigning books / collections and monitoring student progress. To take advantage of this offer a family must receive the invitation from a teacher.
All Eifrig children’s books are now available as free (or pay what you want) ebooks.
- Activity Kits – Connects reading and science with fun learning activities.
- Educational Resources – Contain lessons and activities that are aligned to the Language Arts Common Core Standards. Available for the middle grade and the Grow & Read early reader titles.
- Tween Book Club Activity Kit
- Proud to be Latino worksheets
- Coloring book
- Girl’s Life – Chloe’s Book Club: Chloe, Christi and Clara on raising your voice and the wisdom of She Spoke.
Resources and activities that invite children, educators, parents, and booksellers to further engage with their favorite picture books. Everything from original music to printable activity sheets to thematic guides for educators and parents, with much more to come.
Curriculum guides full of at-home activities for books Birdsong by Julie Flett and Can You Hear the Trees Talking? by Peter Wohlleben.
A wise selection of resources for teachers and librarians.
Literature, art, music, and activities help create conversation, get imaginations running wild, lift spirits, and bring people together from all over the world. Use these resources to inspire and excite.
- Harper at Home
- Storytime Anytime – Create your own storytime – anytime you want – with these charming books and activity sheets for kids!
- I Can Read – Where the story begins. Introduce children to the wonderful world of reading on their own!
- Middle Grade Matters – For Teachers
Holiday House is pleased to offer free downloadable items. All may be reproduced at no charge. Check back often.
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
- Resource Library – Check out our Resource Library for educator guides, themed catalogs, book trailers, author videos, websites and much more.
- Thematic Catalogs – Use our thematic catalogs to find books that fit into any storytime or curriculum.
- Newsletter Sign Up – Sign up for our Home with HMH Newsletter to get resources delivered straight to your inbox weekly.
IDW Publishing & Top Shelf Productions
Publisher of works of literary sophistication, visionary artistry, and personal resonance in the comics medium, providing resources for their critically acclaimed graphic novels.
- Official 12-page Teacher’s Guide for THEY CALLED US ENEMY, developed by the Japanese American National Museum
- Teacher’s Guides for the award-winning MARCH trilogy.
Discussion guide for Dear Haiti, Love Alaine by Maika and Maritza Moulite.
The Innovation Press
- Zoey and Sassafras – Free Ebook for the Duration of School and Library Closures
- The Girl Who Thought in Pictures – There are both free and paid resources available for each book. Please check back frequently as we are always adding new resources.
Just Us Books
Resources and guidelines to support at-home and remote learning from a premier publisher of black-interest books for children.
Bring favorite books to life with coloring pages, word games, crossword puzzles and more!
A range of resources to keep your family occupied over Holy Week and Easter, including: Activities, Bible stories, Gentle tales, Science exploration, Health and wellbeing.
Little Bee Books
Downloadable activities including previews, puzzles, coloring, crafts, creative exercises, educator materials, and more.
Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Keep kids engaged and entertained with these fun and educational activities!
Get kids excited about the world around them with these fun, quirky and educational activities. Get Creative with drawing, designing and crafting activities, or get Quizzical with our puzzles and trivia.
- Coronavirus Response Lesson – to help schools and parishes provide continuity for their students and be constructively proactive these days. Video-based lessons include a student worksheet, teacher/catechists/parents pages, and a lesson resource.
- Online Resources – access to faith formation games, Fishers of Faith and Stump the Shepherd, as well as rigorous Exercises in English, Vocabulary in Action, and Voyages in English games.
- Educational Resources – Includes downloadables and podcasts on parenting, fitness, math, nutrition, and more!
- MacKids School & Library – Resources and content use guidelines for teachers, librarians, and parents.
- TinkerActive – With TinkerActive Workbooks, learning leaps off the page and into the real world! Each workbook covers essential math and science concepts while encouraging your child to tinker, make, and engineer.
Articles written and vetted by psychologists about mindfulness and anxiety.
Mango & Marigold Press
Virtual story times and coloring pages for kids at home.
Succeed as your child’s best mentor with activities and crafts, tips and tricks, and more.
Hear the NatGeo podcast about some of the greatest stories ever told. Stories of gods and goddesses, monsters, and heroes! Enjoy this kid-friendly retelling of classic ancient Greek myths for the whole family.
A large collection of free resources perfect for 2nd-9th grade which model critical and creative thinking to promote the development of problem-solving skills as readers discover patterns and connections through intellectual inquiry.
As you navigate remote learning and school closures, stay up-to-date with these Remote Learning Resources and free Educator Resources, including online read aloud activities and worksheets.
Orca Book Publishers
- Free nonfiction picture book download – On the News: Our First Talk About Tragedy by Dr. Jillian Roberts; ills. Jane Heinrichs
- Teacher Guides – Free Teacher Guides for Orca’s hi-lo and early reader series, along with select Middle Reader Fiction, Middle Reader Nonfiction, and Teen Fiction.
- Orca Classroom Connections Archive – Each email comes with a free downloadable activity or worksheet for elementary, middle school, and high school readers.
- Lucy Tries Sports – Fun games and activities for younger readers and their families.
Page Street Publishing
Papercutz Graphic Novels
Access to some graphic novel titles for free!
Peachtree Publishing Company Inc.
Find free, downloadable teacher’s guides, discussion guides, and activities along with a variety of author and illustrator videos at this remote learning resources hub.
Penguin Young Readers
Your destination for FREE resources, author visits, and more!
Lesson plans, activities, and discussion guides for many books. These plans can easily be adapted to homeschooling during social distancing.
Pop Culture Classroom
Resources created to help parents and educators navigate learning at home, including videos resources, blog entries, digital workshops, and more.
Free downloadables including coloring sheets, word searches, interviews, and more!
In need of activities to pass the time? If you have little ones, middle graders, or teens, check this roundup of activity kits and parent/educator guides.
Random House Children’s Books
If you are putting together plans for teaching remotely or homeschooling your children and are looking for resources, click below for discussion guides, activities, and more available for free to download.
Red Chair Press
Download free activity pages for select Red Chair Press products. Extend the fun, enhance the learning!
Star Bright Books
This independent publisher is offering four books per week in pdf format for readers to enjoy!
- Learn at Home – Day-by-day projects to keep kids reading, thinking, and growing.
- Home Base – Free, online multiplayer game for kids where they can meet their favorite book characters, write stories, and hang out with other readers in a safe, moderated place.
- Teaching Tools – Start with Dav Pilkey as he gives you reading superpowers! Then explore for more great book lists and teaching tips.
Products that explore and demystify STEM topics in entertaining and enlightening ways. Providing the resources parents, educators, and librarians need to extend and expand the content and use our books as effective learning tools. All the resources are available at no charge.
Shout Mouse Press
Nonprofit publisher of #OwnVoices children’s and young adult titles by marginalized youth. Educators from elementary school through university are using these books in their classroom to educate and engage.
Simon & Schuster
A one-stop shop for parents and educators looking to incorporate books and interactive storytelling into their at-home school day, featuring new video series, downloadable activities, curriculum guides, and more!
Reading Group Choices partners with publishers, independent bookstores, public libraries, and authors to develop resources to enhance the shared reading group experience.
Hub for Librarians and Educators! Peruse Common Core-aligned educator guides, activity kits, and discussion guides.
Story Monsters at Home for authors and publishers to contribute their own free or next to free activities, book downloads, and more to help engage students and supplement distance learning plans.
Sweet Cherry Publishing
A range of activity packs to accompany our titles which can be used in elementary schools and other learning environments as well as to support independent bookshops. These resources are available to download for free.
Resources including teacher’s guides, engaging activities, Common Core, and more!
Thompson Mill Press
Free Teacher’s Guides for each of our titles of the award-winning Kobee Manatee Children’s Educational Picture Book series.
Together with educators who are specialists in their fields, Tilbury House has developed imaginative, user-friendly Classroom Connection Guides for many of their books. These free guides offer activities and discussion points along with links to additional information and resources.
Resources kids can use on their own and more hands-on activities for families. And perhaps best of all, some are designed for pure fun. After all, kids do love all things comics!
Tor Teen & Starscape
- Educational Resources – Includes downloadables and podcasts on parenting, fitness, math, nutrition, and more!
- Puppy Tales Resources – Includes downloadable activity and educator guides for all of W. Bruce Cameron’s Puppy Tales series, and his newest early chapter book series, Lily to the Rescue. Video content is also available.
Web of Life Children’s Books
Learn about volcanos by building a geyser, discover the gopher tortoise’s role as a keystone species by cutting and pasting animals into the tortoise’s burrow, or celebrate the world’s fastest animal by creating a peregrine falcon paper doll!
- Free downloadable activities – New activities coming!
West Margin Press
West Margin Press works to create a better understanding of our world through purposeful content, engaging design, and authentic experiences.
- Book Guides – Check out our downloadable guides full of fun projects and creative learning activities!
- The Blog – Follow along for tips on everything from ways to soothe childhood anxiety to how to start journaling, from how to make tasty recipes to creating easy flower arrangements, and much more.
- Resources for remote learning, organized by grade
- Reading Guides & Lesson Plans
- Event Kits
- Educators Information Page
Guides to inspire and engage a new generation of young stewards of our natural world!
- Persnickety Press Education Guides
- The Cornell Lab Publishing Group Education Guides
- The Cornell Lab Publishing Group Coloring Pages
Download free printable activity sheets, gather up your crayons and pencils, and have fun!
Free resources and downloads for families to enrich their time together at home, including activity kits, curriculum guides, and more. Popular picture books like Fiona the Hippo (Richard Cowdrey), Love is Kind (Laura Sassi) and One Big Heart (Linsey Davis) all have supplemental materials that parents and caregivers can use to encourage the minds of children and keep little ones busy.
PUBLISHERS: if you wish to share your resources for those at home, please email email@example.com.
Every Child a Reader
Make your stay at home more fun! Free resources to download including reading challenges, National Ambassador programs, coloring pages, bookmarks, and Creator Corner videos by some of your favorite writers and illustrators.