Publisher Video Resources
Looking for fun video resources to entertain and educate children of all ages?
From book trailers to author readings, book publishers have created a wealth of video content to support educators, librarians, booksellers, parents, and caregivers. Compiled here are links to various publishers free video and playlist resources.
For more activities, discussion guides, teacher guides, and books, check out our Online Resources page. Check back often as we continue to update these new resources!
- Know a young reader who loves Diary of a Wimpy Kid series? Then head over to the dedicated Wimpy Kid YouTube page for fun videos, including interviews and drawing demos!
- Learn how to fold Origami Yoda, Darth Paper, Fortune Wookiee, Art2-D2, Princess Labelmaker, and more with bestselling author Tom Angleberger!
- Join David Roberts (illustrator of the bestselling Questioneers series) for drawing how-tos and read-clouds!
Big Kid Science
- Free Curriculum – A free, digital, online curriculum for Middle School Earth and Space Science. Sample chapters now posted, more being added every week.
- Max Goes to the Moon – Free stream version of the Max Goes to the Moon planetarium show (34 minutes), available in both English and Spanish.
- Astronauts reading books from the International Space Station! –Features readings of all 6 Big Kid Science children’s titles in English, plus readings in Spanish and Japanese!
Bucking Horse Books
- Video resources – From author Sneed Collard
- Stay Home with Candlewick Press – Video clips of beloved authors and illustrators, with activities, writing tips, and other fun book-based ideas.
- Writing tips with Kate DiCamillo – Now is the perfect time to work on that story that you’ve always wanted to write. Join two-time Newbery Medalist Kate DiCamillo as she offers up tips and writing advice.
- Author readings, book talks, lessons, and more! – Whether you’re learning from home, engaging library patrons at a distance, or keeping your bookstore customers connected with your business, we’ve got just the thing for you.
- Storytime Videos – Authors and illustrators have created some fun videos, perfect for story times and also to help keep little ones occupied during what can be a stressful period!
- Videos in Spanish and English – From storyteller Joe Hayes
- Online Storytime – Find a virtual story time room with some of Clavis’ authors!
- Amelia’s Notebook – Movie based on the first book in the series
- The Case of the Missing Carrot Cake – Read by Wanda Sykes
- Enough is Enough – Book trailer
Enchanted Lion Books
- Video resources – From an independent, family-owned children’s book publisher based in Brooklyn, NY.
- Vooks – A collection of books from a family focused publisher.
- Facebook Familius – Check it out for live speaker series
- #ReadingApartTogether – Recorded readings, interactive lessons, and more from Groundwood creators from around the world.
- Facebook Groundwood – In April and May, Groundwood social media accounts will feature readings, contests, lessons, and other activities for each of their Spring 2020 books. Watch Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for new content twice a week.
- Looking for ways to get inspired, get moving, and stay positive while your family practices social distancing? – HarperKids and Shelf Stuff are are here to help with our Harper at Home video series, perfect for kids 12 and under.
- Epic Reads– Introverts, this is our time! Tune in for tons of virtual content from Team Epic Reads and your favorite YA authors.
- Harper at Home– During this unprecedented time, while children and parents are at home and we’re all practicing social distancing, let’s come together in a safe way, every day. HarperCollins Children’s Books is offering daily videos, activities, podcasts, and more for kids, parents, teachers, and librarians.
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
- ¡Vamos! Let’s Go Eat – Watch Raúl the Third talk about his inspiration behind ¡Vamos! Let’s Go Eat
- Watch the trailer for Winterborne Home for Vengeance and Valor by Ally Carter
- The Undefeated – Watch Kwame Alexander read his award-winning book The Undefeated.
Just Us Books
Kane Miller Books
- Video Resources – We invite you to discover all about our titles, including from the authors and illustrators themselves – watch as they share their inspirations, their writing processes, and their own childhood memories!
- Katha with Karadi – Free streaming of celebrity-narrated children’s audiobooks, free picture books, virtual storytelling events and downloadable activity and information sheets for kids.
Our friends at KidLit TV work with book creators on a variety of entertaining and informative series, including:
- Creator Corner – In partnership with Every Child a Reader, this. series features 100 three-to-five minute videos of children’s book authors and illustrators speaking about their favorite character creations.
- Story Makers with Rocco Staino – Interviews with authors and illustrators
- Ready Set Draw – Illustrators teach kids how to draw characters from their books, and basic art techniques.
- And so much more at KidLit.Tv
Land of… Children’s Books
- Video resources – As we are all at home together, why not enjoy some fun journeys that teach us all important lessons and help us navigate this challenging time? Here are videos of all four of our books that you can watch FOR FREE. Also free activity kits for each book that you can download and use to remember each journey, and lesson.
Lapid Children’s Books
- Snowman Paul at the Winter Olympics – Book trailer
- Halloween with Snowman Paul – Book trailer
- Mother’s Day with Snowman Paul – Read Along
Lonely Planet Kids
- The Plastic Problem – Will teach you all about how plastic is affecting our planet, and what you can do to help!
- Hidden Wonders of the World – Take a journey into the unknown and discover the planet’s wildest and most wonderful sights. Paddle through the eerie glowworm caves of New Zealand, ride with the wild horses of the Namib desert, swing off the end of the world in Ecuador, and be amazed at hundreds more wonders you never knew existed!
- This Is My World – Meet 84 incredible kids from all corners of the world and discover what it’s like to grow up on a tropical island, high up in the mountains, in the freezing Arctic Circle, and lots more fascinating places!
National Geographic Kids
- Nature Boom Time – Follow Charlie, Kirby, and Patrick as they travel around the United States to learn about different kinds of trees—and what makes nature incredibly awesome. Science and history are explained with paper cutouts and goofy-girl Casey back at Headquarters.
NYRB Children’s Collection
- Monster in the City! – Pilot for a Claymation TV adaptation of Meet Monster. It’s British and very sweet.
- Monster Comes to the City – A father reading Meet Monster with his kids, Ivy and Miles
Papercutz Graphic Novels
- Video Hub – All our live draws and YouTube trailers. More will be added as it comes in.
Peachtree Publishing Company Inc.
- YouTube Channel – From a trade book publisher creating children’s books that educate, entertain, encourage, and endure.
- Resources Hub – Virtual story time information and more fun book creator videos.
- Read a Chapter – Watch videos of author Jeanne Bender reading the first chapter of each of the Lindie Lou Adventure Series books.
- Lindie Lou book trailers – Scroll to the bottom of the page to watch the 4 Lindie Lou Adventure Series book trailer videos.
- More Videos – Watch several videos of Lindie Lou and author Jeanne Bender telling why she wrote the the Lindie Lou Adventure Series books.
- Scary Times – A 3-min video on the Pomelo Books Vimeo Channel, featuring Sylvia Vardell and Janet Wong sharing poems of comfort.
- Blue Bucket – A 1-min poem movie on the Pomelo Books Vimeo Channel, featuring “Blue Bucket” by Naomi Shihab Nye, a poem on empathy from HERE WE GO: A Poetry Friday Power Book.
- The Pomelo Books Vimeo Channel – Features short introductions to authors and illustrators from around the world, poem movies, curriculum connections for poetry, and more.
Pop Culture Classroom
Videos that incorporate pop culture into classroom learning, including workshops, drawing exercise and more.
- Investigate a Ghost Story as a Scientist – Strange But True author Kathryn Hulick walks young investigators through a ghost story!
- Can You Make Your Own Hand Sanitizer? – Liz Lee Heinecke, author of The Kitchen Pantry Scientist, helps people make their own hand sanitizer at home!
- How to update that boring slime recipe – Ultimate Slime creator Alyssa Jagan joins Your Mourning to talk about her new book and how to make your slime even more fun.
Random House Children’s Books
- Underlined – Fun and entertaining book trailers and videos for teens and YA lovers from Underlined.
- Random House Kids – Book trailers, read-alouds, author features, and more for kids of all ages.
- The Princeton Review – The experts at The Princeton Review are providing live tutoring sessions, daily video content, and resources for students who are studying for AP exams, ACT/SAT exams, and completing school work from home.
Shout Mouse Press
- Reach Incorporated videos – Teen authors from Washington, DC read aloud their #OwnVoices diverse and inclusive children’s books. Expand the horizons of possibility for young readers about who can be an author, whose stories matter. Books are a collaboration between Reach Incorporated and Shout Mouse Press.
Simon & Schuster
- Read & Learn with Simon Kids – A continually updating playlist featuring educational videos, storytimes, and activities with authors and illustrators.
- Storytimes – From authors, free workshops from authors and illustrators, and activity kits.
- Story Monsters YouTube Channel – Featuring children’s authors featured on the Story Monsters at Home resource page reading their books.
West Margin Press
- Book trailers – Get a glimpse at what our children’s books are about in these exciting book trailers!
PUBLISHERS: if you wish to share your video resources for those at home, please email email@example.com.
Every Child a Reader
Make your stay at home more fun! Free resources to download including reading challenges, National Ambassador programs, coloring pages, bookmarks, and Creator Corner videos by some of your favorite writers and illustrators.