LGBTQIA+ Book Lists and Resources
A list of children and teen books and resources about sex, gender, and identities.
A collection of booklists and resources that highlight the LGBTQIA+ community and experience. This list provides resources and educational materials for kids of all ages and their caregivers to promote respect and understanding, including guidance on pronouns and identities.
Discover books that celebrate love in all forms and highlight LGBTQIA+ icons and activities. Allies welcome!
Young Adult and Children’s Book Lists
- Books Full of Pride and Pride Month Comics List – CBC book lists
- LGBT Book Lists for Kids of All Ages – Multicultural Children’s Book Day
- Children’s and YA LGBTQ Books: Spring 2021 – Publisher’s Weekly
- LGBTQ+ and Early Childhood: Learning about Gender Identity – Social Justice Books
- LGBTQ+ inclusive books for children and young people – Stonewall
- LGBTQIA+ Resources for Children: A Bibliography – ALA’s Rainbow Round Table
- 17 Children’s Books With Queer Characters That Deserve Your Attention – BuzzFeed
- LGBTQ Children’s Literature – Goodreads
- 24 Great LGBTQIA+ Books for Kids and Teens – Penguin Random House’s Brightly imprint book list
- Young Adult LGBTQ Titles and LGBTQIA+ Book Resources – Sourcebooks
- CBC Showcase booklists like Trailblazers, Champions of Change, and more!
- CBC Search Tag: LGBTQIA+
- GLSEN’s Rainbow Library offers to send out free LGBTQIA+ books and ebooks to schools in most states. Other states are welcome to submit an application and join. They also provide Curricular Resources for teachers.
- Educational Resource Links – Teaching LGBTQ History, managed by Our Family Coalition and ONE Archives Foundation
- LGBTQ Pride Month and Education Resources – Anti-Defamation League (ADL)
- LGBTQ Youth & Schools Resource Library – American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU)
- LGBT Youth Resources – CDC
- GLBT Bookstores and GLBT Libraries and Archives in the United States – Updated by the ALA’s Rainbow Round Table.
- Important Queer Women to Know in Women’s History – BestColleges
- LGBTQIA+ websites with information, guides, and resources: ALA Rainbow Round Table (RRT), The Trevor Project, Stonewall, COLAGE, Family Equality, and GLSEN.
And more socially inclusive booklists and resources will be coming throughout the year!
PUBLISHERS: if you wish to share your LGBTQIA+ or other socially inclusive books and resources, please email Sommer at firstname.lastname@example.org.