Publisher Online Resources
Looking for fun and educational resources, activities, discussion guides, teacher guides and more to share with children of all ages?
From fiction to non-fiction, STEM books to graphic novels, book publishers have created a wealth of content to support educators, librarians, booksellers, parents, and caregivers. Compiled here are links to various publishers websites where you can find these free resources.
Check back often as we continue to update with new resources!
BIRDHOUSE Kids Media
Looking to add health lessons to your new role as a home educator? Use these engaging printable activities in a bundle available for free. We all need to learn Body Science vocabulary and to practice using it. Begin as early as possible by naming the parts using their scientific names. These activities will help you get started with Word Search, puzzles and other activities. Remember: Knowledge is Protection!
Boyds Mills & Kane
Activities and resources page! Find fun and free activities, as well as videos of our authors and illustrators talking about their books.
Bushel & Peck Books
The world is filled with anxiety and uncertainty during times like this, and we wanted to send a little care package to help you and your kids through the worst of it. We don’t have toilet paper, but we do have books! And to us, that means family time, imagination, creativity, inspiration, even a little escape—and those all sound pretty good right now..
- Nearly all of our children’s books available to read for free online.
The resources section is filled with downloadable extras, links to information, fun things to do, and more!
- Activities & Downloadables – Downloadable activity kits, educator guides, coloring pages, and more!
Activities for parents and teachers.
- Parent Zone – Our program is designed to stimulate and support all children through lively narrative, repetition of language and bright illustrations.
- Teacher Zone – A number of the books are not only suitable for reading for pleasure but also can support school learning objectives, including Health Education.
Publisher of authentic voices in multicultural children’s literature. We take pride in our bilingual children’s books and the traditional folktales from various cultures in our books. With the help of some outstanding educators, we have prepared teachers’ guides for many of our titles.
City of Light
Click on the link below to check out our educator guides, activity kits and discussion guides.
During these unprecedented times, many of us find ourselves living and working in new ways. While we’re all practicing social distancing, we are doing our part to help so in the coming days and weeks, we will be working with our authors and illustrators to bring you fun content, activities, and videos to keep your children entertained and engaged!
All Creston books have curriculum guides and activity pages. Click on each title to find resources you can use. Start with these three …
We know many of you are looking for resources and tools to help your students and patrons while your schools and libraries are closed. We have a number of free digital resources available that you should feel free to use and share.
If you’re finding yourself working remotely, homeschooling with your kids, or teaching your students online rather than in the classroom, DK is here for you.
- Stay Home Hub – The best educational resources at your fingertips.
- DK Findout! – A resource that educators and librarians have enjoyed using over the years, that parents may also find useful at this time.
All of our children’s books are now available as free (or pay as you want) ebooks.
- Activity Kits – Connects reading and science with fun learning activities.
- Educational Resources – Contain lessons and activities that are aligned to the Language Arts Common Core Standards. Available for the middle grade and the Grow & Read early reader titles.
- Tween Book Club Activity Kit
- Proud to be Latino worksheets
- Coloring book
- Girl’s Life – Chloe’s Book Club: Chloe, Christi and Clara on raising your voice and the wisdom of She Spoke.
Resources and activities that invite children, educators, parents, and booksellers to further engage with their favorite picture books. We have everything from original music to printable activity sheets to thematic guides for educators and parents, with much more to come.
Curriculum guides full of at-home activities for our books Birdsong by Julie Flett and Can You Hear the Trees Talking? by Peter Wohlleben.
We know that literature, art, music, and activities help create conversation, get our imaginations running wild, lift spirits, and bring people together from all over the world. During this unprecedented time, while children and parents are at home and we’re all practicing social distancing, let’s come together in a safe way, every day.
- Harper at Home
- Storytime Anytime – Create your own storytime – anytime you want – with these charming books and activity sheets for kids!
- I Can Read – Where the story begins. Introduce children to the wonderful world of reading on their own!
- Middle Grade Matters – For Teachers
Holiday House is pleased to offer the following FREE downloadable items. All may be reproduced at no charge. Check back often.
Discussion guide for Dear Haiti, Love Alaine by Maika and Maritza Moulite.
The Innovation Press
- Zoey and Sassafras – Free Ebook for the Duration of School and Library Closures
- The Girl Who Thought in Pictures – There are both free and paid resources available for each book. Please check back frequently as we are always adding new resources.
Bring favorite books to life with coloring pages, word games, crossword puzzles and more!
Little Bee Books
Downloadable activities including previews, puzzles, coloring, crafts, creative exercises, educator materials, and more.
Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Get kids excited about the world around them with these fun, quirky and educational activities. Get Creative with drawing, designing and crafting activities, or get Quizzical with our puzzles and trivia.
- Educational Resources – Includes downloadables and podcasts on parenting, fitness, math, nutrition, and more!
- MacKids School & Library – Resources and content use guidelines for teachers, librarians, and parents. We hope you’re doing well and staying safe. As you and your readers transit to working and learning from home, just know that we’re here to help!
- TinkerActive – With TinkerActive Workbooks, learning leaps off the page and into the real world! Each workbook covers essential math and science concepts while encouraging your child to tinker, make, and engineer.
Articles written and vetted by psychologists about mindfulness and anxiety.
Mango & Marigold Press
The world feels scary and social distancing is paramount … which means that a lot of us are home. We’re hoping that the following virtual story times and coloring pages help you during the upcoming days.
We want you to succeed as your child’s best mentor! From activities and crafts, to tips and tricks, we’ll cover it all here.
Oh, Muses! Hear our podcast and allow us to recall some of the greatest stories ever told. Stories of gods and goddesses, monsters, and heroes! Enjoy this kid-friendly retelling of classic ancient Greek myths for the whole family.
By engaging young learners in the scientific and engineering design process, we model critical and creative thinking to promote the development of problem-solving skills as readers discover patterns and connections through intellectual inquiry.
- The Learning Center – A large collection of free resources perfect for 2nd-9th grade.
As you navigate remote learning and school closures, stay up-to-date with our Remote Learning Resources and our always free Educator Resources with at home and online read aloud activities and worksheets.
Orca Book Publishers
- Free nonfiction picture book download – On the News: Our First Talk About Tragedy by Dr. Jillian Roberts; ills. Jane Heinrichs
- Teacher Guides – Free Teacher Guides for Orca’s hi-lo and early reader series, along with select Middle Reader Fiction, Middle Reader Nonfiction, and Teen Fiction.
- Orca Classroom Connections Archive – Each email comes with a free downloadable activity or worksheet for elementary, middle school, and high school readers.
- Lucy Tries Sports – Fun games and activities for younger readers and their families.
Page Street Publishing
Papercutz Graphic Novels
With the scary times we are in right now and with more schools moving to remote learning every day, we at Papercutz want to help ease the tension a bit as we can with some great graphic novels! Here is access some of our great titles, we hope you enjoy them as we get through this!
Peachtree Publishing Company Inc.
You can find activity sheets, event kits, teacher’s guides, discussion guides, and more on our resources page.
Penguin Young Readers
Your destination for FREE resources, author visits, and more!
Provides lesson plans, activities, and discussion guides for many of our books. These plans can easily be adapted to homeschooling during social distancing.
Free downloadables including coloring sheets, word searches, interviews, and more!
Many of us are stuck at home right now, and let’s face it, things can get boring after even one day. In need of activities to pass the time? If you have little ones, middle graders, or teens, check this roundup of activity kits and parent/educator guides.
Random House Children’s Books
If you are putting together plans for teaching remotely or homeschooling your children and are looking for resources, click below for discussion guides, activities, and more available for FREE to download.
Red Chair Press
Download FREE activity pages for select Red Chair Press products. Extend the fun, enhance the learning!
- Learn at Home – Day-by-day projects to keep kids reading, thinking, and growing.
- Home Base – Free, online multiplayer game for kids where they can meet their favorite book characters, write stories, and hang out with other readers in a safe, moderated place.
- Teaching Tools – Start with Dav Pilkey as he gives you reading superpowers! Then explore for more great book lists and teaching tips.
Products that explore and demystify STEM topics in entertaining and enlightening ways. Providing the resources parents, educators, and librarians need to extend and expand the content and use our books as effective learning tools. All the resources are available at no charge.
Shout Mouse Press
Nonprofit publisher of #OwnVoices children’s and young adult titles by marginalized youth. Educators from elementary school through university are using our books in their classroom to educate and engage.
Simon & Schuster
A one-stop shop for parents and educators looking to incorporate books and interactive storytelling into their at-home school day, featuring new video series, downloadable activities, curriculum guides, and more!
Reading Group Choices partners with publishers, independent bookstores, public libraries, and authors to develop resources to enhance the shared reading group experience.
Hub for Librarians and Educators! Peruse our Common Core-aligned educator guides, activity kits, and discussion guides.
To support students, parents, and educators through school closures and beyond. We believe learning can happen anywhere and at any time, which is why we have created Story Monsters at Home for authors and publishers to contribute their own free or next to free activities, book downloads, and more to help engage students and supplement distance learning plans.
Sweet Cherry Publishing
A range of activity packs to accompany our titles which can be used in elementary schools and other learning environments as well as to support independent bookshops. These resources are available to download for free.
Resources including teacher’s guides, engaging activities, Common Core, and more!
Thompson Mill Press
Free Teacher’s Guides for each of our titles of the award-winning Kobee Manatee Children’s Educational Picture Book series.
Together with educators who are specialists in their fields, Tilbury House has developed imaginative, user-friendly Classroom Connection Guides for many of our books. These free guides offer activities and discussion points along with links to additional information and resources. Ideal for the home classroom!
Many free resources that are accessible online that may be of help to you during this time of distance learning. Some of these resources, kids can use on their own; others are more hands-on. And perhaps best of all, some are designed for pure fun. After all, kids do love all things comics!
West Margin Press
West Margin Press works to create a better understanding of our world through purposeful content, engaging design, and authentic experiences.
- Book Guides – Check out our downloadable guides full of fun projects and creative learning activities!
- The Blog – Follow along for tips on everything from ways to soothe childhood anxiety to how to start journaling, from how to make tasty recipes to creating easy flower arrangements, and much more.
Download our free printable activity sheets, gather up your crayons and pencils, and have fun!
Free resources and downloads for families to enrich their time together at home, including activity kits, curriculum guides, and more. Popular picture books like Fiona the Hippo (Richard Cowdrey), Love is Kind (Laura Sassi) and One Big Heart (Linsey Davis) all have supplemental materials that parents and caregivers can use to encourage the minds of children and keep little ones busy. Several of these resources feature Easter-related activities. More resources will be added weekly.
PUBLISHERS: if you wish to share your resources for those at home, please email email@example.com.
Every Child a Reader
Make your stay at home more fun! Free resources to download including reading challenges, National Ambassador programs, coloring pages, bookmarks, and Creator Corner videos by some of your favorite writers and illustrators.