Mid-Level Career Committee Resources
Explore everything the Mid-Level Career Committee has to offer to children’s publishing professionals in years 5-15 of their careers.
Mid-Level Career One-Sheet
The Mid-Level Career Committee was established in late 2022 to support industry-wide retention, coordinate mentorship opportunities across publishing houses and departments, support networking of those in their mid-careers, and introduce publishing professionals to the many paths to advancement available to them in this dynamic industry. Download our one-sheet to share with colleagues and sign up to receive event invites and more from this group!
Mid-Level Career Event
The Mid-Level Career Committee is proud to sponsor a Speakers Series featuring virtual conversation between two upper level publishing professionals, talking with each other about their individual pathways to advancement in the industry.
Speakers for this series will span departments and publishing houses, and will speak in conversation on topics such as:
- How did you determine what you were good at as your career developed, and how did you work to grow your career towards those talents?
- What advice do you have for people in their mid-level career, looking to advance in children’s publishing?
- How did you determine what you wanted from your career and go after achieving that?
- What unexpected paths did your career take over the years?
These 30-45 minute virtual events will end with an audience Q&A.
Mid-Level Career Blog Posts
Throughout the year, Mid-Level Career Committee members and others contribute to blog posts and newsletter content. Explore topics such as Room to Grow.
Mid-Level Career 2023 Event Calendar
Events are held via Zoom unless otherwise noted. Events are open to CBC Member Employees and Interns only. Email Shaina Birkhead to be added to the mailing list for event invites.
- Speaker Series Session 1 — August 22 @ 12pm ET
- Speaker Series Session 2 — August 30 @ 12pm ET
- Speaker Series Session 3 — TK in October
- Speakers Series Session 4 — TK in October
- Speakers Series Session 5 — TK in November
- Speakers Series Session 6 — TK in November
Current Mid-Level Career Committee
Learn who is part of the Mid-Level Career Committee here.
The CBC Newsletter is open to the public! All publishing professionals are welcome to sign up, and any publishing-adjacent professionals are encouraged to join.
Please email Shaina Birkhead to sign up.
Other Resources from the CBC
We encourage Mid-Level Career participants to explore more content from the CBC for professional development and the continuing education of publishing professionals at all levels and departments.
Please contact Mid-Level Career Committee liaison firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Current members are invited to take full advantage of their membership. Not sure if your publishing house is a member? Check out Our Member List.