Digital Book World Webcast
Join Us for a Webcast with Digital Book World: How Parents and Children Read, Learn and Buy Digitally.
The CBC is pleased to sponsor a webcast with Digital Book World:
How Parents and Children Read, Learn and Buy Digitally
The $79 registration fee will be waived for all CBC members.
Join us July 26 at 1:00 PM ET / 10:00 AM PT / 6:00 PM GMT to hear about the latest research in children’s digital publishing: How parents and children engage with e-books, learn from them and make purchasing decisions.
- Children’s publishing is turning a corner. Fueled in part by tablet technology and publishing companies looking for new digital revenue, children’s e-book sales are rising steeply in 2012.
- Yet publishers are still in need of tangible information to know what kinds of e-books children and parents engage with best, how they learn from them (or fail to learn) and what drives their buying decisions.
- In this one-hour webcast, sponsored by the Children’s Book Council, we will explore the most current academic research into how children engage with e-books, how effective e-books are in teaching children to read, and how parents and children make e-book purchasing decisions.
Attendees Will Learn
- Differentiated types of interactions children have with e-books and how they are classified
- How well the current crop of e-books help children learn
- Proprietary research into the buying behavior of parents and children
- Best practices for making e-books user-friendly for kids and parents
- Dr. Heather Schugar, Ph.D., assistant professor of literacy and reading at West Chester University of Pennsylvania
- Dr. J. Alison Bryant, Ph.D., president of PlayScience, a New York-based children’s entertainment and education research company
- Moderator: Jeremy Greenfield, editorial director of Digital Book World.
Who Should Attend:
- Children’s book publishers
- Children’s book app developers
- Children’s booksellers
- This webcast is $79 and registrants will get a recording of the webcast in addition to being able to attend.This webcast is free for Children’s Book Council members. If you are a Children’s Book Council member, email Nicole Deming at the CBC to confirm your membership and register:email@example.com.
Non-members: register here.