Scholastic Kids Press Is Now Accepting Applications
Know a kid with a nose for news? If so, kids in the United States and around the world between the ages of 10-14 are NOW eligible to apply to the 2023-2024 Scholastic Kids Press program!
Kids aged 10–14 from around the world with an interest in reporting “the news for kids, by kids” are strongly encouraged to apply. Below are some program highlights:
- Over the past two decades, Kid Reporters have helped their peers stay informed and understand the news in a way they understand.
- Each year, a select number of student journalists become part of the international editorial team.
- Kid Reporters cover local, national, and world events and have interviewed many influential figures, including former First Lady and President of the United States, Michelle and Barack Obama; former Vice President Mike Pence; prima ballerina, author, and actress Misty Copeland; and Captain Underpants and Dog Man creator Dav Pilkey.
- Scholastic Kid Reporter articles are published online, and in select issues of Scholastic Classroom Magazines, which reach more than 25 million students nationwide.
All applications must be submitted and postmarked by June 1, 2023.
More information on applications is available here:
Below are stories from the 2022-2023 Kid Reporters:
- Malala Looks to the Future, Zoya Siddiqui, a 12-year-old from Chandler, AZ
- Jennifer Garner is Honored, Sasha Powell, a 13-year-old from Rahway, NJ
- “I Am Ruby Bridges”, Enya Yang, an 11-year-old from Pleasanton, CA
- Understanding the Unrest in Iran, Siroos Pasdar, a 14 -year-old from New York, NY
- Celebrating the New Year in Japan, Nanaka Takahashi, a 14-year-old from Miyahi, Japan