The Nationwide 'Crenshaw' Food Drive
- Nearly one in five kids in the U.S. lives in a household that struggles with hunger.
- Three out of five K–8 public school teachers regularly see students come to school hungry.
- Teachers of hungry kids spend, on average, roughly $37 of their own money each month to buy food for students.
Join the food drive:
- Bring nonperishable food items to your local participating bookstore. (Encourage your bookseller to sign up to be a donation center, and partner with a local food pantry or shelter!)
- Download the digital tool kit and promote the food drive in your community!
- Teachers and librarians: submit your classroom’s story on tumblr!
- Spread the word about the Nationwide Crenshaw Food Drive by sharing on your social media channels using #CrenshawFoodDrive!
Find your nearest participating bookstore by visiting www.mackidsbooks.com/crenshaw/fooddrive.html!