North Shore Music Theatre & Friends of Dane Street Playground to Host ‘Smash the Guinness World Record’ Fundraiser Event
WHAT: On Sunday, May 17th, the North Shore Music Theatre will host a fundraiser to benefit the Friends of Dane Street Playground and to break a Guinness World Record: “Most parents reading to their children simultaneously.”
The theatre, along with community group Friends of Dane Street Playground, are looking for at least 550 parent/child combos to break the record. Beverly author Chris Van Allsburg will lead the countdown to reading his new book, The Misadventures of Sweetie Pie. After the reading, entertainment will be provided by T-Bone, the Musical Pied Piper (http://www.t-bonemusic.com/).
The rules are very strict, so parents are asked to read the rules (below).
Tickets are $20 per parent, which includes the admission for one parent and one child, an autographed copy of the book, and a Guinness World Record Certificate. Tickets are only available in advance through May 15 and can be purchased through the North Shore Music Theatre Website www.nsmt.org.
WHEN: Sunday, May 17, 2015
Check in begins at 12 noon and ends at 2:00pm
WHERE: North Shore Music Theatre, 62 Dunham Road, Beverly, MA
WHO: Friends of Dane Street Playground, Chris Van Allsburg, and community members!
RULES: Please note the following rules for this event that are set by Guinness World Records, therefore no exceptions will be made:
- 1 parent may bring and read to 1 child only; 2 parents may bring and read to 2 children.
- Additional children of the parents, relatives, friends and observers are not allowed into the theater.
- Children must be between the ages of 1-10 (birth date between 5/18/04 and 5/17/14).
- Parents must present government-issued ID and child’s birth certificate at check-in; legal guardians must present proof of guardianship and child’s birth certificate (no grandparents, no step-parent UNLESS they are the legal guardian).
- We must read together for a minimum of 3 minutes and no one can leave during that time so please be sure your child can sit still for at least 3 minutes (the selected book is about 10 minutes long).
WHY: The Friends of Dane Street Playground is an enthusiastic team of neighbors who share a common goal: improving the playground currently located at Dane Street Beach in Beverly, Massachusetts. We are committed to designing and installing a new, safe playground by encouraging and mobilizing the financial support of neighborhood groups, foundations and citizens. We hope to break ground in 2015, with the aim of completing the project by the end of the summer.
With a goal of raising $125,000, our first large donation for $10,000 was made by the Isabella Rose Marino Endowment Fund, which was established in memory of the young daughter of the Friends of Dane Street Playground founder Josie Marino. At the date of this release, we are almost half way to reaching our goal of $125,000.