Bookstores! Enter the Children's Book Week Display Contest and Win an Author Visit!
In celebration of the 96th annual Children’s Book Week (CBW) (May 4-10, 2015), the Children’s Book Council and Every Child a Reader are teaming up with the ABC Children’s Group at the American Booksellers Association for our annual display contest!
Prizes for the winning bookstore include:
- A visit from a 2015 Children’s Choice Book Awards-winning author or illustrator
(based on availability, subject to change)
- Coverage in the ABA’s Bookselling This Week newsletter and the Children’s Book Council’s Update newsletter
- Promotion on bookweekonline.com
- Social media coverage from the CBC and ABA
Your display must be up from at least April 30-May 10 to be considered.
- How well does the display adhere to the Children’s Book Week theme (celebrating children’s books and reading)?
- How eye-catching is it?
- How well does it use the available space?
- How creative and unique is the display?
- Bonus points will be awarded for incorporating the 2015 CBW Poster and the Children’s and Teen Choice Book Awards finalists!
To enter, please send pictures of your display (along with photo credit) to Matt at the American Booksellers Association (ABA) by May 8. This will enable us to include your photos in pitches to national media about Book Week! The winner will be announced by May 18. See last year’s entries!
Children’s Book Week 2015
Discover more ways to celebrate Children’s Book Week at your store at bookweekonline.com/booksellers!
The Children’s Choice Book Awards
Voting for the 8th annual Children’s Choice Book Awards will be open from March 17-May 3 at ccbookawards.com. Host a voting day or create a ballot box in your store, then enter kids’ and teens’ votes into the group ballot online.