Fans and Families Everywhere Get Set for a Spooktacular Halloween with Goosebumps™
New York, NY – Ghouls and boys of all ages will celebrate Halloween with a host of frighteningly fun new Goosebumps™ activities and events! To help fans everywhere get into the spirit,Goosebumps author – and ultimate master of scares! – R.L. Stine will host his third Scholastic social media takeover on Thursday, October 30. And to further bewitch fans, Scholastic will unleash a revamped Goosebumpswebsite, social media pages and brand-new book as well as host a special event featuring R.L. Stine at The Scholastic Store in Manhattan, and more!
“Through our new website, a movie coming in summer 2015, new books and live events, we continue to excite and engage our young fan base as well as our loyal millennial Goosebumps fans,” said Deborah A. Forte, President of Scholastic Media.
On October 30 from 2–3:30pm EST, R.L. Stine will be “trick or tweeting” with fans through social media in a can’t-miss live chat. Stine will share jokes, trivia, videos and images, plus answer questions from participants, who will also have a chance to win collectible Goosebumps prizes. Creatures from coast-to-coast can join in the conversation by using #31DaysofGoosebumps to post on the Scholastic accounts, including Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Instagram, or via the Goosebumps Facebook page and newly launched Goosebumps Tumblr, Twitter and Instagram feeds. It’s sure to be a scream!
Additional ways for fans to get Goosebumps:
- Online: Fans can visit the interactive new mobile-friendly Goosebumps website,www.scholastic.com/goosebumps, to play engaging games and activities such as “Monster Blood” and “Which Monster Are You?”; check-out the author events calendar and news spotlight; discuss all thingsGoosebumps in a community forum; and review a full list of books and TV episodes, so they’ll be sure never to miss a new title or show!
- In New York City: R.L. Stine himself will treat kids and families to a Halloween-themed afternoon, as he reads and signs some of the best-loved Goosebumps books at The Scholastic Store on Saturday, October 18, at 2pm EST!
- With a new book: Young monsters can sink their teeth into “12 Screams of Christmas,” a special edition book and the latest title in the Goosebumps: Most Wanted series that follows the brand’s most infamous characters!
- Through iTunes and Netflix: Families can now catch all 74 edge-of-your-seat Goosebumps episodes on iTunes and Netflix, this Halloween and anytime!
- On TV: Kids can tune-in to the Goosebumps TV series for ghastly laughs on The Hub Network!
And things will get even spookier in Times Square, when R.L.Stine and Scholastic Media President Deborah Forte ring the bell for the close of the NASDAQ stock market on Halloween, Friday, October 31, at 4pm EST.
The thrills-filled Goosebumps TV series, based on the popular Scholastic books written by R.L. Stine, follows the stories of children who find themselves in extraordinary situations, serving up plenty of humor and safe scares.
The much-anticipated Goosebumps feature film, starring Jack Black, will be released from Sony Pictures Entertainment in August 2015. The movie is produced by Deborah Forte and Neal H. Moritz.
Goosebumps is one of the world’s most successful children’s franchises with more than 350 million books in 32 languages sold worldwide and new titles planned for release through 2015. Goosebumps is the second best-selling book series of all time, surpassed only by Harry Potter. It has been a powerful force in children’s lives for decades, making voracious readers out of reluctant ones. The Goosebumps top-rated, long-running live-action TV series premiered in 1995 and is produced by Scholastic Media. Together, the books, TV series and licensing activity have made Goosebumps a full-fledged pop culture phenomenon for multiple generations of fans across the globe. For more information, visit www.scholastic.com and mediaroom.scholastic.com.
Scholastic Corporation (NASDAQ: SCHL) is the world’s largest publisher and distributor of children’s books and a leader in educational technology and related services and children’s media. Scholastic creates quality books and ebooks, print and technology-based learning materials and programs, magazines, multi-media and other products that help children learn both at school and at home. The Company distributes its products and services worldwide through a variety of channels, including school-based book clubs and book fairs, retail stores, schools, libraries, on-air, and online at www.scholastic.com.