Call for 2015 Carter G. Woodson Book Award Nominations
- Must be a nonfiction book published in 2014
- Elementary (grades K-6), middle (grades 5-8) or secondary (grades 7-12) level title
- Discusses the experience of one or more racial/ethnic minority groups in the U.S.
- Set in the United States
- Published in the U.S., but the author need not be a citizen
- Accurately reflects the perspectives, cultures, and values of the particular ethnic group or groups
- Informational or nonfiction, and primarily a trade or supplementary book
- Written for children or young people
- Well written and reflecting originality in presentation and theme
- Submit a cover letter addressed to Selection Committee Chair Anne Roycroft that:
- indicates the grade level of each of the titles you are submitting
- Provides your name and contact information
- Mail a copy of the cover letter and each nominated book to each member of the Selection Subcommittee (a list of committee mailing addresses can be found here).
- All nominated books must be received postmarked no later than October 10, 2014.
Visit the NCSS website to learn more about the application and selection process.