The Reading Without Walls Challenge
National Ambassador for Young People’s Literature, Gene Luen Yang invites you to take the Reading Without Walls Challenge!
Inspired by his official platform, the challenge encourages readers to explore books of diverse voices, genres, and formats.
Share the challenge on social media!
Take a photo of the book and post it on Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #ReadingWithoutWalls.
Challenge your classroom or community!
If you are a teacher, librarian, or bookseller, you can encourage your students, patrons, and customers to take up the Reading Without Walls Challenge! See what San Francisco’s Live Oak School did this past school year!
Be a part of the fall 2016 pilot program!
- Email to let us know you are planning to participate (email@example.com)
- Conduct a pilot ‘Reading Without Walls’ program in your classroom
- Report back to us with any details that you would like to share about how you incorporated the challenge and how it went.
- Offer suggestions for resources and materials we can create to make this program more effective.
- Provide a testimonial that we can include in our Summer 2017 roll-out.
- If possible, promote your involvement through social media using the hashtag #ReadingWithoutWalls and provide images for us to share on all of our platforms
- The deadline for all feedback and testimonial is December 12, 2016
About the National Ambassador Program
The National Ambassador for Young People’s Literature Program was established in 2008 by the Children’s Book Council (CBC), Every Child a Reader (ECAR), and the Center for the Book in the Library of Congress (CFB). The program is administered by Every Child a Reader. Over the last eight years, the National Ambassador Program has reached millions of young readers and their caregivers in the United States.
Visit www.ChildrensBookAmbassador.com for more information about the National Ambassador program.
About Gene Luen Yang
Gene Luen Yang is the Printz Award winning author of American Born Chinese and two-time National Book Award finalist. Yang is the country’s fifth National Ambassador for Young People’s Literature. Learn more at geneyang.com and follow him on Twitter @geneluenyang.