The CBC Favorites lists submission process is now open. Publishers, submit titles now until July 21 2022.
The CBC has taken on the full management of the Choices program from the ILA. We are very happy to announce the relaunch of these beloved award lists with a fresh new look and name!
Children’s, Young Adults’, and Teacher’s Choices will now be called Children’s Favorites, Young Adult Favorites, and Teacher Favorites.
The ILA and CBC co-coordinated the Choices program for many years. The program was paused in 2020 and now the CBC has agreed to run the program in full. We are grateful to the ILA for their years of work in making these lists a go-to resource for educators, librarians, and caregivers.
Some of the exciting changes to this program include:
- All new branding.
- A simpler shipping process. (20 copies of each title submitted will be shipped, one per age-appropriate location.)
- Teacher Favorites are now under the CBC umbrella along with the Children’s and Young Adult lists.
- A diverse group of schools, libraries, and local literacy groups in 80 different locations in 50 states across the country, meaning your books will be in front of a wider range of kids than ever before.
- Updated grade categories: K-2nd Grade, 3rd–5th Grade, 6th–8th Grade, and Young Adult.
For reference, see more about the lists’ past selected titles:
Submissions to the FAVORITES LISTS will open in summer 2023.
ELIGIBILITY (2023 Lists)
To prepare for submissions please find below last year’s submissions as a guide.
Who can submit?
Submissions are only open to trade publishing companies or divisions.
Which titles can be submitted?
Titles published in 2022 are eligible for submission.
These lists are excellent for discoverability. Books submitted should focus on in-house favorites. The emphasis is not on bestsellers.
What topics can be submitted?
Please refer to these 2022-2023 submission guidelines for submitting your titles.
- 2022-2023 Children’s Favorites Submission Guidelines (preview)
- 2022-2023 Young Adult Favorites Submission Guidelines (preview)
- 2022-2023 Teacher Favorites Submission Guidelines (preview)
How many titles can be submitted?
As many as you’d like to, knowing you are sending out 20 copies of each.
Where will review copies be shipped?
Books do not need to be shipped at this time. Shipping instructions will come after submissions close.
HOW TO SUBMIT
How to submit?
Email Sommer for the 2022-2023 Title Submission Spreadsheet. If you qualify to submit, she will ask you to download the sheet, fill it out, and email it back to her.
What’s the submission deadline?
Email the complete submission by Thursday, July 21.
How much does it cost?
The submission fee structure is as follows:
- CBC Regular Members: No fee
- CBC Associate Members:
$75$60 per title, per list
- Non-Member Publishers:
$300$250 per title, per list
Fees are per title, per list and non-refundable. Titles may not be substituted at a later date. An invoice and payment instructions will be emailed to you after you submit your titles. If you need to set up a payment plan, please email Sommer.
We encourage you to read everything carefully, as the process has changed from the previous Choices system.
Please contact Sommer.Wissner@cbcbooks.org for any questions regarding the FAVORITES Lists
The BEST OF lists (NSSTB, OSTB, and BSB) are a separate project of the CBC. Submissions to BEST OF Lists are now open.
PUBLISHERS: Learn more about the benefits of membership here.