Best Of Submissions
The 2020 BEST OF co-sponsored lists submission process is now open! Publishers, submit your titles for Children’s Choices, Young Adults’ Choices, Notable Social Studies, Outstanding Science, and Bets STEM Books before July 8, 2019.
The BEST OF lists are educator and student-targeted, and aim to be a helpful resource in and outside of the classroom. The Children’s Book Council accepts submissions for our annual co-sponsored lists from June 5 through July 8, 2019. Each list has different requirements and shipping deadlines, so please download and read carefully the Call for Submissions documents for each list before submitting your titles.
2020 submissions are NOW OPEN from June 5 through July 8, 2019
Only submissions from trade publishing companies or divisions will be accepted. Titles must be published in 2019 (some exceptions can be made for books published in Nov-Dec 2018, contact us for details).
The Spreadsheet or Submission Form must be completed by July 8, 2019 but books do not need to be shipped at this time (shipping instructions will come after submissions).
Find more specific details in the Submission Guidelines:
- 2020 Children’s Choices Submissions Call
- 2020 Young Adults’ Choices Submissions Call
- 2020 Notable Social Studies Submissions Call
- 2020 Outstanding Science Submissions Call
- 2020 Best STEM Books Submissions Call
How to Submit
To submit your titles, read carefully the guidelines above and then please use one of these methods for submission.
1) Spreadsheet — Download the 2020 Submission Spreadsheet, fill it out, and email it to Laura.Peraza@cbcbooks.org. It contains five different tabs, one tab for each corresponding Best Of list. Please be sure to enter your title information in the correct sheet(s).
2) Submission Form — Fill out the corresponding one:
- 2020 Children’s Choices Submission Form
- 2020 Young Adults’ Choices Submission Form
- 2020 Notable Social Studies Submission Form
- 2020 Outstanding Science Submission Form
- 2020 Best STEM Submission Form
NOTE: If you’ve submitted successfully you should get a Thank You message and an email with a record of your submission.
There is no cost for CBC Regular Members to submit books. Associate Members pay a $75 fee per title submitted (per list). For non-members, there is a fee of $300 per title submitted (per list). Fees are per title, per list and non-refundable. An invoice and payment instructions will be emailed to you after you submit.
All instructions and methods of submission are also available to download. We strongly encourage you to read everything carefully, even if you’ve done this process before.
Please contact Laura.Peraza@cbcbooks.org with any questions regarding the co-sponsored BEST OF lists.
THE CHILDREN’S & TEEN CHOICE BOOK AWARDS
Submissions to the Children’s Choices and Young Adults’ Choices programs may become finalists in the Children’s & Teen Choice Book Awards, the only national child-chosen awards program in the country.
PUBLISHERS: Learn more about the benefits of membership here.