Prospective Member Info
Information and contact details for North American children’s book publishers who are interested in joining the Children’s Book Council.
The Children’s Book Council is the nonprofit trade organization dedicated to North American children’s book publishers. Our goals are to serve your needs and interests by promoting your books in our popular national programs; partnering with prominent organizations; organizing submissions for key book awards; providing resource material to teachers, librarians, and booksellers; organizing forums for discussion and networking; and, in all ways, promoting children’s books and the love of reading.
Our programs are growing in terms of scope, diversity, and outreach. Our team works tirelessly to support your creators, books, and employees in order to reach more readers.
CBC Member Benefit Highlights
- Curated reading lists – like STEM and Children’s Choices – and free features on our website for your new books, backlist books, a diverse reading list, and quarterly showcase themes.
- Professionally led panels created by our Early Career, Diversity, Graphic Novel, and Forum committees about industry trends, as well as workshops and community outreach programs.
- Strong partnerships with the ABA, ALA, ILA, PTA, First Book, Sesame Workshop, and many more.
- Participation in the CBC Diversity.
- Access to panels for your authors & illustrators at BookExpo, ALA, ComicCon, and more.
- Member participation in Every Child a Reader’s national literacy programs: Children’s Book Week (celebrating 100 years in 2019); The National Ambassador for Young People’s Literature (with the Library of Congress); the Children’s & Teen Choice Book Awards (the only national children’s book award voted on only by kids); and Get Caught Reading.
Please contact Ryan.Mita@cbcbooks.org with any questions and if you would like to hear more about our many membership benefits.