Stand Up for Girls NYC Event
On October 11, we will celebrate the first annual United Nations International Day of the Girl at Riverside Church in New York City. LitWorld’s Stand Up for Girls signature event will inspire women and men, girls and boys of all ages to join their voices together to advocate for every girl’s right to a quality education.
- Girls and Boys, Women and Men
- Ages 12+ (Grades 6+)
- To find out more about attending with your group or classroom, please email email@example.com. Registration is mandatory.
- 10am-11am: Join us for our Stand Up for Girls LitFest in the lobby of Riverside Church, and outside on a double-decker Gray Line bus!
- 11am-12pm: Join us inside where panelists will discuss issues of urgent importance, focusing on questions that Stand Up for Girls participants have submitted via social media.
- 12pm: We will physically rise to Stand Up for Girls as one.
If you can’t join us in NYC on 10.11.12, you can still be a part of our event! We need your help. Submit a question you would like our panel to discuss. Head to our Stand Up for Girls Event Page to submit your question, or to read sample questions for inspiration. You can also post a question on our Facebook or Twitter pages, or upload a video question to YouTube.
We will be streaming the event live from ourwebsite, don’t forget to tune in on 10.11.12!