Seven Authors Featured this Month in Lead Up to Multicultural Children’s Book Day
A month-long celebration featuring seven authors has kicked off on January 3, leading up to Multicultural Children’s Book Day on the 28th of the month.
Priya Huq, Sabaa Tahir, Tameka Fryer Brown, Lois-Ann Yamanaka, Wade Hudson, Donna Barba Higuera, and Torrey Maldonaldo have put together personal reading lists based on their choice of themes. The CBC is proud once again to partner on this important day, and we thank Mia Wenjen for her passionate work in this area.
Follow along with this schedule of the diverse book series.
- January 3 — Priya Huq with Diverse Graphic Novels About Family
- January 5 —Sabaa Tahir with Favorite Diverse Books
- January 10 —Tameka Fryer Brown with Children’s Books for the Heart and Soul
- January 12 — Lois-Ann Yamanaka with Hawai‘i Children’s Books by Writers of the Island We Call Home
- January 17 — Wade Hudson with Books About Freedom, Social Justice and Sibling Relationships
- January 19 — Donna Barba Higuera with The Power of Storytelling
- January 24 — Torrey Maldonaldo
Read more about the #ReadYourWorld Book Jam 2022.