- Actress Melissa Gilbert to Release Picture Book Daisy and Josephine with Paula Wiseman Books
- Scholastic Suggests That Kids Will Reach for More Books if Technology and Reading Are Combined
- Ally Carter's Final Gallagher Girls Title to be Released this Fall
- 2013 Maryland Black-Eyed Susan Book Award Winners Announced
- Steve Carell to Star in the Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day Film
Elle Fanning Lands Role in Olive's Ocean Movie Adaptation
August 17, 2012
Elle Fanning has joined the cast of the Olive's Ocean movie adaptation. HarperCollins' Greenwillow Books imprint released Kevin Henkes' YA novel in August 2003 and it went on to earn a Newbery Honor in 2004. Henkes conceived of the idea for this book when trying to answer the question, "What was it like for authors growing up?"
"The movie, which will cost about $11 million and be financed through private equity, came about because of [producer Donald] Rosenfeld’s experience with Elle Fanning’s sister, Dakota. He produced Effie, the film that was scripted by Emma Thompson and directed by Richard Laxton, with Dakota Fanning playing the title role of Effie Gray, the teen bride of Victorian art critic John Ruskin. While on set, Rosenfeld asked her sister Elle what her favorite book was, and when she answered Olive’s Ocean, that started the process."