- Actress Melissa Gilbert to Release Picture Book Daisy and Josephine with Paula Wiseman Books
- Scholastic Suggests That Kids Will Reach for More Books if Technology and Reading Are Combined
- Ally Carter's Final Gallagher Girls Title to be Released this Fall
- 2013 Maryland Black-Eyed Susan Book Award Winners Announced
- Steve Carell to Star in the Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day Film
Let's Stand Up for Girls
July 25, 2012
Stand Up For Girls on 10.11.12
Fierce. Fearless. Free.
Let's Get the Whole World to Stand Up.
523 million girls cannot read or write. LitWorld's Stand Up for Girls campaign advocates for every girl's right to a quality education. By learning to read and write, all girls in the world can protect themselves against poverty, poor health outcomes and lifelong struggle. Literacy is a skill that once learned, is hers forever.
How You Can Help:
1. Declare your commitment to create positive change for women and girls.
Visit litworld.org and sign our Pledge.
2. From now until October 11th, let's get thousands of people to join with us. Tell 10 people you know about the campaign, ask them to tell 10 more. Use Facebook and Twitter to share your Pledge, adding the hashtag #standup4girls.
3. Tell the world why you Stand Up for Girls. Post photos of you and your friends holding your Stand Up for Girls Signs on LitWorld's Facebook page to enter our Photo Contest. For every photo you submit, your name will be entered into a drawing to win 2 tickets to LitWorld's Gala 2013!
Let us stand together to champion the right of all girls to be
Fierce, Fearless, and Free.