- Actress Melissa Gilbert to Release Picture Book Daisy and Josephine with Paula Wiseman Books
- Scholastic Suggests That Kids Will Reach for More Books if Technology and Reading Are Combined
- Ally Carter's Final Gallagher Girls Title to be Released this Fall
- 2013 Maryland Black-Eyed Susan Book Award Winners Announced
- Steve Carell to Star in the Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day Film
Get FREE tickets to see Jacqueline Woodson speak at the 92nd St Y This Saturday
April 18, 2012
The 92Y is offering friends of the CBC a limited number of FREE tickets to Jacqueline Woodson’s reading this Saturday, April 21 at 12:30pm. To claim yours, simply e-mail Unterberg@92y.org and mention the CBC!
Jacqueline Woodson “writes with a sure understanding of the thoughts of young people, offering a poetic, eloquent narrative that is not simply a story of nearly adolescent children, but a mature exploration of grown-up issues: death, racism, independence, the nurturing of the gifted black child and, most important, self-discovery,” wrote The New York Times.
Woodson's award-winning books include Miracle’s Boys, Locomotion, If You Come Softly, After Tupac, and D Foster.
Tickets are going for $10. (To receive free tickets, e-mail Unterberg@92y.org and mention the CBC.)
Venue: Weill Art Gallery
Location: Lexington Avenue at 92nd St
Event Code: TF12T71038
The Children’s Reading Series is underwritten by Eva Colin Usdan and John Usdan.