- 27 Kidlit Creators Assemble for the "Turning the Page, New Stories for Newtown" Event
- This Week on Girls Scoutsí The Studio: Author Andrew Clements
- The Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art Announces 2013 Carle Honors Honorees
- IBBY Announces the 2014 Hans Christian Andersen Award Jury and Nominees
- Kat Zhang to Pen Once We Were
Support Teen Literature Day with Rock the Drop!
April 12, 2012
Support Teen Literature Day is celebrated each year on the Thursday of National Library Week (April 8 – 14, 2012). On this day, librarians, booksellers, and publishers aim to raise awareness of the benefits young adult literature offers to today's teens.
A highlight of the annual celebration is Rock the Drop, an independent book give-away in which people of the general public drop off a book in a public location like a bench in Central Park, the steps in Union Square, or the fountain at Lincoln Center. Each book will be tagged with a printable bookplate expressing that the discovered book is to be read and enjoyed by the person who found it.
To find out more details about Rock the Drop 2012, check out Readergirlz.