- "Weird Al" Yankovic to Publish His Second Picture Book
- Victoria Law Endorses Two Anthologies in the "Girls of Color in Dystopia" Blog Series
- Gayle Forman Has Penned Just One Year
- Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing to Partner with Shindig for "Hot YA Summer Chat Series"
- Paramount Pictures Picks Up the Film Rights for The Testing
Waterstone's Children's Prize Shortlist is Dominated by Gritty Teen Reads
February 13, 2012
Books featuring hard-hitting issues from date rape to terrorism are out there, and kids can't wait to get their hands on them.
According to Sarah Clarke, Waterstone's buying manager, the teen shortlist "demonstrates how young people today are not afraid to talk about serious subjects, in some cases, more so than adults."
Read more at The Guardian.