- Latinas for Latino Literature Launches the Latino Children's Summer Reading Program
- Too Much Focus on Gender for YA Book Covers?
- This Week on Girls Scoutsí The Studio: Laura Golden
- Victoria Law Endorses Two Anthologies in the "Girls of Color in Dystopia" Blog Series
- Gayle Forman Has Penned Just One Year
2011 Boston Globe-Horn Book Award Winners and Honorees Announced!
June 13, 2011
Read the announcement at Horn Book Editor Roger Sutton's blog, Read Roger.
The Boston Globe–Horn Book Awards for children's books have gone to:
Blink & Caution, by Tim Wynne-Jones (Candlewick)
The Notorious Benedict Arnold: A True Story of Adventure, Heroism, & Treachery by Steve Sheinkin (Flash Point/Roaring Brook)
Pocketful of Posies: A Treasury of Nursery Rhymes by Salley Mavor (Houghton)
Honor Books are:
Chime, by Franny Billingsley (Dial)
Anna Hibiscus, by Atinuke (Kane Miller)
Into the Unknown: How Great Explorers Found Their Way by Land, Sea, and Air, by Stewart Ross, illustrated by Stephen Biesty (Candlewick)
Can We Save the Tiger?, by Martin Jenkins, illustrated by Vicky White (Candlewick)
Dark Emperor & Other Poems of the Night, by Joyce Sidman, illustrated by Rick Allen (Houghton)
Pecan Pie Baby, by Jacqueline Woodson, illustrated by Sophie Blackall (Putnam)