A joint project of the National Science Teachers Association (NSTA) and the CBC since 1973, Outstanding Science Trade Books for Students K-12 represents the year’s best books for science classrooms, chosen by science educators.
The annotated bibliographies feature titles published in the previous calendar year and selected by a book review committee appointed by the NSTA. Titles are grouped by category, including: Archaeology, Anthropology, and Paleontology; Biography; Earth and Space Science; Environment and Ecology; Life Science; Physical Science; and Technology and Engineering. Each annotation contains bibliographic data.
- Outstanding Science Trade Books for Students K-12 (2017)
- Outstanding Science Trade Books for Students K-12 (2016)
- Outstanding Science Trade Books for Students K-12 (2015)
- Outstanding Science Trade Books for Students K-12 (2014)
- Outstanding Science Trade Books for Students K–12 (2013)
The Children’s Book Council, ATTN: Science
NSTA members interested in joining the Outstanding Science Trade Books review committee should communicate their interest to the NSTA President-Elect.
Publishers: How to Submit
The submission period for the 2019 list is now closed.
Sample Submission Guidelines:
2019 OSTB Submission Guidelines
Please contact Laura Peraza with any questions about submitting your titles in the future.
For full instructions on how to submit to all of our CBC BEST lists, click here.