The videos of our events & programs below are available exclusively to CBC members. If you are a member and have forgotten the login, please e-mail us.
Not a member? Watch children’s book read-alouds, awesome book trailers, authors & illustrators at work, and more on our YouTube channel.
The YA Web
This ECC Continuing Education panel focuses on the rise of online YA communities, the evolution of this trend, challenges in running and navigating these communities, and how these communities are increasingly influencing the publishing industry’s approaches to book sales, publicity methods, and more. Our panelists, all of whom work at the intersection of the industry and online fandom, discuss their experiences and field your questions.
Manager, Digital and Social Creative Content (Penguin Young Readers)
Associate Publicist (Macmillan Children’s Publishing Group)
Associate Digital Marketing Manager (Simon & Schuster Children’s Division)
Associate Director of Digital Strategy (Random House Children’s Books)
The Early Career Committee’s Licensing and Branding 101 Panel
When and how does a book or character become a brand? How does branding differ from licensing? And what takes place behind-the-scenes on a daily basis to create and market such beloved, enduring characters?
Listen to our panel of experts as they answer these questions and more!
Moderator: Morgan Dubin, Publicist/Marketing Associate at ABRAMS and ECC Board Chair
- Samantha Schutz, Associate Publisher, Scholastic
- Erin Stein, Editorial Director, Little, Brown
- Veronica Wasserman, Brand Director, ABRAMS
Early Career Committee’s Book Buying Luminary
The ECC interviews Cristin Stickles, Children’s and YA Books Buyer at McNally Jackson to learn about the importance of the book buyer in the publishing process.
The Early Career Committee’s Design 101 Panel
A picture’s worth a thousand words…
so go ahead and judge a book by its cover!
Join the ECC for an introduction to children’s book design with three industry luminaries!
- Erin Fitzsimmons, Associate Art Director at Harper Collins
- Jennifer Kelly, Assistant Art Director at Penguin Young Readers
- Marijka Kostiw, Art Director at Scholastic
The function and importance of Sales can often be a mystery to those of us who don’t directly interact with the department. Luckily, we had a group of panelists directly from Sales to share their experiences and answer questions!
Moderator: Matt Dinda, Sales Coordinator, Abrams Books for Young Readers
- Dave Epstein, Vice President, Children’s Sales, Hachette Book Group
- Jessica Abel, Digital Account Manager, Children’s Books, HarperCollins
- Jess Cullen, Sales Coordinator, Special Markets, Abrams Books for Young Readers
The Early Career Committee’s Supply Chain 101 Panel
Find out how your books find their way from the printer into the hands of readers with the help of three supply chain professionals.
- Christine Dong, Senior Demand Planner, Children’s Supply Chain at Simon & Schuster
- Lianna Izzo, Demand & Supply Planner at Hachette Book Group
- Alison Tromp, Associate Director, Inventory Management at Macmillan