FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
4th Annual Multicultural Children’s Book Day Kicks-off With Free Diversity Book Giveaways on Twitter @MCChildsBookDay with #readyourworld
January 12, 2017 — The brainchild of two wonderfully diverse women, bloggers and authors, Mia Wenjen (Pragmatic Mom) and Valerie Budayr (Jump into Books), Multicultural Children’s Book Day , is a national non-profit, created to raise awareness about diverse reads for children, so that all children can see themselves reflected in the pages they of the books they read.
This year marks the 4th annual Multicultural Children’s Book Day, (MCBD) and the program continues to grow with last year, generating more than 96 million social media share impressions over three days (before, during, after). This year, the organization has enlisted more than 400 bloggers/book reviewers from around the country, who will each post book reviews of diverse reads on January 27th. In addition, MCBD will host a live Twitter Party @MCChildsBookDay on 1/27 at (9 p.m -10 p.m. EST) that will inspire a meaningful conversation around diverse reads, provide book recommendations for parents, and offer free book giveaways every 6 minutes.
FREE RESOURCES FOR PARENTS AND TEACHERS:
- FREE MULTICULTURAL BOOKS FOR TEACHERS: Educators and librarians can enter to win a free diversity book for their school/classroom library. (while supplies last). Books donated by honorary sponsor, Junior Library Guild.
- FREE CLASSROOM “KINDNESS” KIT: Educators can sign-up to receive the free kit that includes:
- Diverse Kindness Book List for ages 4 -12
- Classroom Kindness Activities
- “Be a Hero Be Kind” Kindness Poster
- Multicultural Children’s Book Day Poster
- FREE DIVERSITY BOOK LISTS : Curated lists of books about diverse topics including: countries, religions, holidays, ethnicities, in addition to special needs and LGBTQ.
- FREE EBOOK — “Read Your World: A Parent and Educators Guide to Multicultural Children’s Books and Activities” : The NEW book features a comprehensive guide of diverse book titles for kids of all ages, compiled by an esteemed group of 24 bloggers and 2 authors. (The book will be offered as a free downloadable during the week of 1/27 at www.multiculturalchildrensbookday.com
HOW TO CELEBRATE ON JANUARY 27:
- FREE BOOK GIVEAWAY ON TWITTER @MCChildsBookDay: Join the Twitter Party on Jan. 27 from 9 pm – 10 pm (EST) were the founders of Multicultural Children’s Book Day will talk about the state of diversity in children’s books. Free books will be given away every 6 minutes from. Use #readyourworld.
- FOLLOW THE BOOK REVIEW “LINKY”: @ www.multiculturalchildrensbookday.com where more than 400 bloggers/book reviewers will be posting and sharing their book reviews of diverse children’s books.
About Mia Wenjen: Mia Wenjen is a mom and founder of PragmaticMom, a top blog about education, parenting and children’s book (particularly diverse reads). Wenjen is a Harvard grad with a love of children’s books (picture books through YA) and sneaking in teachable moments in art, science, math, foreign language and language arts. Mia is passionate about getting kids excited about reading and helping parents ensure that their child is successful at school. Mia is Asian American and currently lives in Boston.
About Valerie Budayr: Valarie Budayr is a mom, CEO of Audrey Press, and founder of Jump Into a Book blog, and is a best-selling children’s author of The Fox Diaries: The Year the Foxes Came to our Garden, A Year in The Secret Garden , The Ultimate Guide To Charlie and The Chocolate Factory and Dragons Are Real. She is passionate about making kid’s books come alive and is proud to be a play and reading advocate. Valarie’s mission is to inspire young readers, educators, families and communities, to experience our world together while having fun. Valarie is Muslim, originally from Sweden and speaks 5 languages including Arabic. Valarie resides in Tennessee.
To learn more about Multicultural Children’s Book Day (501c3), visit www.multiculturalchildrensbookday.com. Follow them on Facebook or on Twitter
To request interviews or information/images, please contact Sara Sinek Toborowsky at email@example.com or 917-215-1779.