Publicist, Holiday House
Posted on: August 16, 2016Holiday House is seeking a creative, organized individual with children’s books publicity experience for the role of Publicist.
- Pitching and securing top national and local print and online media
- Writing persuasive pitch letters and press releases
- Handling publicity mailings, including preparing pub slips and inserts
- Tracking and disseminating reviews and media coverage
- Contributing publicity posts to our social media campaigns
- Award submissions for national and state awards, including maintaining award charts
- Facilitating appearances for frontlist authors and illustrators
- 1-3 years trade book publicity experience in children’s books required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must possess strong relationships with media contacts and bloggers.
- Strong organizational & writing skills needed; must be able to multi-task and prioritize.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; knowledge of Cision.
To apply, please e-mail cover letter, resume and two writing samples to email@example.com.