Managing Editor at Holiday House
Posted on: March 5, 2018
Holiday House Publishing, Inc. is looking for a Managing Editor. Our list of 150+ children’s and YA books per year includes picture books, graphic novels, illustrated nonfiction, and fiction.
Requirements: Experience with full-color books and nonfiction with extensive back matter is essential.
-Create individual title schedules and coordinate the overall publishing schedule with the aid of a company data base
– Oversee copy editing, proofreading, art checks, and circulation of various stages of production for all titles while maintaining a high standard of quality
– Copy edit and proofread some picture and board books as well as ancillary material, such as front matter, back matter, cover copy, etc.
– Hire and supervise freelance copyeditors, indexers, and proofreaders and check their work
– Work collaboratively with editors, designers, and production managers to maintain a smooth work flow and anticipate and resolve problems
– Work in Klopotek database
– 5+ years in trade book publishing, preferably in production editorial or managing editorial for children’s books
– Must possess strong copy-editing and proofreading skills, including familiarity with The Chicago Manual of Style.
– PC skills required, including use of Word, Track Changes, and Excel
– Must be detail-oriented, well-organized, able to set priorities and juggle a workload
– Must work effectively and congenially with colleagues as part of a team
– Must possess college degree or equivalent experience
Holiday House is a dynamic and quickly growing children’s trade book publisher. We are looking for enthusiastic, creative, and energetic employees to grow with us.
Holiday House, Publishing, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Company: HOLIDAY HOUSE PUBLISHING, INC.
Location: New York, NY
Candidates should send a resume and cover letter to Mary Cash at email@example.com.