Director of Specialty & Gift Sales, Highlights Press
Posted on: October 4, 2016Highlights Press, the book division of Highlights for Children, is looking for a Sales Director to join our team and to oversee the management and growth of our retail footprint in specialty and non-traditional markets, through sales and retail partnerships; to build business within existing accounts/partners; and identify new opportunities for development. This position will work closely with the retail leadership team on the overall growth of the retail business.
- Manage and build a set of in-house accounts. Be the point person and direct the sales efforts of these key accounts. Handle all communication and relationship with these accounts (including bind-ups and special editions).
- Open and prospect new accounts. Manage the day-to-day relationships of these accounts.
- Direct the Gift Sales Groups. Maintain and set the strategy for the rep groups. Come up with displays, promotions, and other ways to increase sales.
- Manage the eBook program and be the marketing point person.
- Manage the Value line.
- Identify potential partners, products, and distribution channels that offer significant strategic benefit to the retail initiatives.
- The point person for these accounts on all issues and selling (internal and external) and will establish strategy for managing and building these accounts.
- Represent the company at industry and trade shows, as required. Manage some of the shows.
- Work closely with Editorial in the development of traditional, proprietary, and licensed products that support business development in key channels.
- Be a member of the senior book leadership team that is setting strategy for continued hyper-growth and plans into numerous new markets with new products.
- 10 years of publishing experience (children’s book preferred).
- College degree.
- Special or Gift sales background with extensive account contacts.
- Some ebook and or digital sales experience.
- Independent, self-starter.
- 30-40% travel.