Assistant, Book Marketing, Boyds Mills Press
Posted on: August 17, 2016The Assistant, will provide support to the Marketing Director and the Marketing Manager for all book marketing and sales for Boyds Mills Press and Highlights Press. This role is responsible for creating and maintaining sales sheets and updating marketing data and sale materials in internal and external systems, websites, catalogues, and other pertinent channels.
- Assist the marketing manager/director to promote BMP and Highlights Press front list and backlist titles to libraries, bookstores, educators, and wholesalers.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of marketing plans and strategies.
- Assist in the creation of promotional materials, from preparation of copy to finished piece for biographical brochures, subject brochures, web pages, teachers’ guides, catalogs, direct mail pieces, press releases, advertising copy, tip sheets, sales sheets, etc.
- Enter and maintain sales and marketing information in both internal and external systems, catalogues, websites and other marketing channels.Audit for accuracy and make timely updates to pricing, specifications, and other details as needed.
- Assist with conference preparations for school and library conventions under the supervision of the marketing manager: prepares book order, gathers and ships materials, coordinate author schedules and entertaining.
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of monthly marketing newsletter to key staff and sales people.
- Answer general bookseller, school and library requests for information about titles.
- Oversee the collection and organization of materials for sales kits, prepare sell sheets and fill requests from reps and Perseus sales dept.
- Plan and coordinate review copy mailings to the BMP library, VIP, bookstore and special interest lists.
- Enter book data, reviews, awards, PDF’s and catalog copy into Firebrand, Helix, Edelweiss, NetGalley and anywhere else as necessary.
- Evaluate and approve all requests for review copies from various media sources.
- Supervise the distribution of advance materials and bound books to priority reviewers.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in book publishing, especially Children’s books preferred.
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail and data entry accuracy required.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a strong sense of urgency.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strategic and critical thinking skills.
- Computer literacy in Word, Excel and other basic office functions.