- Jeff Pinsker Named President of Klutz® and VP, Scholastic Inc.
- Storia, the eReading App for Kids Created by Scholastic, to Offer Titles from Albert Whitman & Company
- Olympic Gold Medalist and American Soccer Star Alex Morgan to Publish Debut Middle-Grade Series With Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
- Macmillan and 21st Century Launch Joint Children's Publishing Venture in China, Macmillan Century Consulting & Service Company Ltd
- Scholastic Launches Harry Potter Reading Club, an Online Resource for Teachers, Librarians, and Parents
Congratulations to Cecil Castellucci and Julia Denos!
April 22, 2011
From award website: "Since 1931, the California Book Awards have honored the exceptional literary merit of California writers and publishers.
Each year a select jury considers hundreds of books in search of the very best in literary achievement.
Eligible books must be written while the author is a resident of California, and they must be published during the year under consideration.
Awards are presented in the categories of Fiction, Nonfiction, First Work of Fiction, Poetry, Californiana, Notable Contribution to Publishing, Juvenile Literature and Young Adult Literature."