- Jeff Pinsker Named President of Klutz® and VP, Scholastic Inc.
- Storia, the eReading App for Kids Created by Scholastic, to Offer Titles from Albert Whitman & Company
- Olympic Gold Medalist and American Soccer Star Alex Morgan to Publish Debut Middle-Grade Series With Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
- Macmillan and 21st Century Launch Joint Children's Publishing Venture in China, Macmillan Century Consulting & Service Company Ltd
- Scholastic Launches Harry Potter Reading Club, an Online Resource for Teachers, Librarians, and Parents
'A Story Before Bed' Connecting Separated Military Families
November 04, 2010
Jackson Fish Market, the creators of the online children's book service A Story Before Bed, are giving away 100,000 free children's books online to deployed and deploying parents serving in the U.S. Armed Forces.
Watch the video version of the announcement here.
From A Story Before Bed’s Website: “The team behind A Story Before Bed is dedicated to connecting children with parents, grandparents, and loved ones through reading. And we're especially dedicated to connecting families and loved ones who can't always be together. When parents give up seeing their children for weeks or months at a time in the service of their country, we want to do our small part. Parents who are members of one of the branches of the U.S. Armed Forces who are deploying or already deployed away from their children for any amount of time are eligible to sign up for free recordings from A Story Before Bed.”
Military parents can register for a free subscription on the A Story Before website at http://www.astorybeforebed.com/military.