- Jeff Pinsker Named President of Klutz® and VP, Scholastic Inc.
- Storia, the eReading App for Kids Created by Scholastic, to Offer Titles from Albert Whitman & Company
- Olympic Gold Medalist and American Soccer Star Alex Morgan to Publish Debut Middle-Grade Series With Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
- Macmillan and 21st Century Launch Joint Children's Publishing Venture in China, Macmillan Century Consulting & Service Company Ltd
- Scholastic Launches Harry Potter Reading Club, an Online Resource for Teachers, Librarians, and Parents
Kristin Ostby Joins Albert Whitman & Company as Senior Editor
June 13, 2011
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Michelle F. Bayuk
Director of Marketing
KRISTIN OSTBY JOINS AT ALBERT WHITMAN & COMPANY AS SENIOR EDITOR
Albert Whitman & Company announced today that Kristin Ostby has joined Albert Whitman & Company as Senior Editor. Otsby has been working for a number of publishers as a freelance editor since August 2010 when she moved to Chicago. Prior to that, she was an Editor with the Penguin Young Readers Group in New York working on the Grosset & Dunlap/Price Stern Sloan imprints. She was the Mad Libs editor for three years publishing over thirty series titles during that time. Just before leaving Penguin, she acquired two middle grade fiction series. She also worked on Nickelodeon, Disney, and DreamWorks licensed books. She is the author of A Baby Panda is Born, an All Aboard Reader. Otsby received her English degree from the University of Michigan and served as a staff reporter on The Michigan Daily. Her first day in the Albert Whitman offices is June 13, 2011.