Celebrate Children's Book Week and the joy of reading with an eye-catching display!In celebration of the 97th annual Children’s Book Week (May 2-8, 2016), the Children’s Book Council and Every Child a Reader are teaming up with the ABC Children’s Group at the American Booksellers Association for our annual display contest!
Prizes for the winning bookstore include:
- A visit from a 2016 Children’s Choice Book Awards-winner or finalist author/illustrator (based on availability, subject to change)
- coverage in the ABA’s Bookselling This Week Newsletter and the Children’s Book Council’s Update Newsletter
- Promotion on bookweekonline.com
- Social media coverage from the CBC and ABA
Your display must be up from at least April 30-May 8 to be considered.
- How well does the display adhere to the Children’s Book Week theme (Celebrating children’s books and reading)?
- How eye-catching is it?
- How well does it use the available space?
- How creative and unique is the display?
- Bonus points will be awarded for incorporating the 2016 CBW Poster and the Children’s and Teen Choice Book Awards finalists!
Children’s Book Week 2016
Discover more ways to celebrate Children’s Book Week at your store at
Looking for easy event ideas? Get inspired by our author-less event ideas and fun, hand-picked event kits and activity sheets!
The Children’s Choice Book Awards
Voting for the 9th annual Children’s Choice Book Awards is now closed. Stay tuned for the announcement of the winners during Children’s Book Week!